The Institute on Philanthropy and Voluntary Service (IPVS) is an eight-week academic internship program held in Washington, D.C. for undergraduate students interested in careers in the nonprofit sector. The Institute combines substantive professional experience (30 hrs/wk) with a challenging academic experience from Georgetown University. All students are housed on campus in apartment-style dorms. With IPVS you can:
· Provide families with educational programs that combat childhood obesity.
· Help to advance public health by conducting intake interviews.
· Facilitate enrichment opportunities for at-risk youth that encourage future successes.
· Translate legal service documents and consultations for low-income immigrants.
· Raise money and awareness for diseases that affect millions.
· Provide direct emergency services to clients at a homeless shelter.
· Research nonprofit policy and report on agency benefits.
· Engage the local community in a park clean-up that revitalizes urban green spaces.
This summer’s IPVS application deadline has been extended to March 23, 2012 with scholarship funding available. For more information or to start an application, please visit our website atwww.DCinternships.org/IPVS.